Sunday, December 27, 2009

Christmas In India + Photos

Merry Christmas everyone and I hope you are all enjoying your holidays and the time off of work. My Christmas was rather uneventful but I guess that is to be expected when most people do not celebrate :(.

If nothing else, it serves as a reminder of how important family is and how much you miss them when you don't have the option of being part of the celebration. Tomorrow is back to work for me and for lack of having anything better to put up I have posted some pictures which you might enjoy. Everyone loves pictures - right!




This is Dr. Rama Devi and her moped. She and I drive around on this moped when we go to visit different hospital locations. Dr. Rama is also giving me a crash course in OB care and what causes fetal distress, c-sections and poor clinical outcomes. I feel like I am in medical school when I am with her!

These are the two baby goats right by my office. They are pretty darn cute!

This is an up close shot of one of them.


This is me and Jane. Jane is from Canada and has lived in Hyderabad for 7 years. She has been a good friend to me here.



From left to right is Padma (head of HR at LifeSpring); Doctor Vasenta Theodore (Head Doctor at LifeSpring) and Doctor Rama Devi (Head of Quality Control at LifeSpring). This is Christmas Eve and we are all at a gathering at Dr. Vasenta house. These three ladies are some of my favorites!


This is Sam and he is the son of Dr. Theodore (pictures above). As is typical for Indian families Sam lives with his wife and his mother as well as many other extended family members in the same home or unit of homes. The party was at their house and we were on the roof (you can see the fire in the background).
This is me and Dr. Vasenta - Dr. V is who performed the C-section I witnessed. She has been very good to me during my time at LifeSpring. Still working on seeing the natural birth but I am sure that day will come.

From Left to Right is Padma (pictures above); Priya (the wife of the CEO of LifeSpring) and Sam's wife. The Sari Sam's wife is wearing is the type worn only during the holidays since it silk with a great deal of hand work. Beautiful!
So, there is a bit about my holidays. Nothing too special but perhaps gives you an idea of what my day to day looks like!
Merry Christmas and Happy New Year.
Meghan






4 comments:

  1. Hey sis,

    All of the Christmas celebrations are over for me. Five total between both families! I am missing you and Molly at the moment. It is tough not to see you two very often. All is well here. We had a rain/snow/sleet storm for about 3 days over Christmas Eve, Christmas and the following day. Luckily for us we had no power outages or down trees. Mom and George had power out for a while, but not while we were there. I hope you are doing well! From the pictures it looks like you had some fun and relaxing time off, which is nice.

    Love you lots,

    Eric

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just wrote a comment 10 min ago and tried to post it and it didn't work--what's the trick with this. Do I have to sign in first and then write up the comment?? Help please and thank you. Love, MOM

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Meg,
    I thought I'd have another go at this blogging before I leave work.

    It's interesting how "we don't know what we've got, til it's gone" or no longer easily available--referring to being with family at this season of the year.

    It was a quiet Xmas by my standards which was O.K. but not my preference. The big snow storm turned into a big, messy ice/rain storm which seems to happen more frequently here than what I recall from my childhood in WI--global warming is the culprit, it seems.

    These winter mornings arrive so slowly--no light until 7 am so daytime becomes very precious. Lots of birds at the feeder which keeps me entertained, as you know.

    I'm excited about coming to visit you and we need to talk details over the next month or so. It's really hard for me to imagine getting over to the other side of the Earth but I'm feeling determined these days. Take good care and keep writing to us. Love you. Mom/JoanC

    ReplyDelete
  4. Joan,

    I hope you and George are doing well. Since nobody seems to answer your question on posting....it is always easier to sign-in first otherwise you will have to retype your whole comment (I learned by experience).

    stay safe and warm and I hope to see you sometime soon again.

    Sarah

    ReplyDelete