Sunday, November 22, 2009

Let It Snow, Let It Snow, Let It Snow







Saturday, November 21, 2009 – Posting 1
Today was my first full day in Hyderabad, India and I think I might have spent it doing some of the most random things possible.




Two Words: Snow World.




Yes, as it turns out there is a Snow World in Hyderabad. Where Indians and Expats (well actually just me and 4 others) alike gather to play in artificial snow generated by machines which likely use more power than half of Hyderabad combined.




I can only describe it as slightly ridiculous and I have pictures to prove it.




I could not help smile at the irony of Ms. Wisconsin playing in snow in India on her first day in the country…how did this happen. Not just snow but a slide and rock climbing wall inside the winter wonderland. I think only the pictures can do this justice – they will be attached.
My ticket to snow world was a package deal in which I also gained entry into a mirror maze, rainforest walk and haunted house.




Snow world was followed by a 2 hour drive into the middle of nowhere in bumper to bumper traffic to go go-carting and play laser tag. Seems very American to me!




By the end of all this I had been up from about 5 AM – midnight. I crawled into bed exhausted and wondering at the many commonalities I have already witnessed – sometimes the world feels so small.

1 comment:

  1. I really enjoyed reading your blog post. It seems like you had plenty of fun on your trip to Snow World Hyderabad. Click here to know about Snow World Hyderabad timings.

    ReplyDelete