Sunday, January 3, 2010

Elephant Island/Bombay New Years..part 2

So, first a thank you to Suad, Angela and Yehia for sharing your photos. Let it be known that many of these photos are not mine!
Enjoy the pics.
Doctor Fish eating the dead skin off my feet. Crazy feeling! Trying to keep your feet in any sort o decent condition in India is pretty much a joke. Doctor fish have no teeth but they feel like a million little bubbles on your feet and they tickle when they go between your toes!
Us, back from Elephant Islnd. Hungry and exhausted.

Back from Elephant Island....I think I am sick of taking pictures :)

Food...Kababs!!! Yeah.


Photo from the peak of Elephant Island.


So, we went to Elephant Island on Saturday and there are lots of monkies on the island.

This is coming back to the gate of India in Bombay after our trip to Elephant Island.

Sunset from the boat coming from Elephant Island back to Bombay.

Leaving Bombay to go to Elephant Island.
Buying train tickets. Please note the crazy schedule of operating hour. Insane.









2 comments:

  1. Kevin said...

    So good to see Yehia and you having a good time together... Although I was quite jealous not to be there. I agree - Boo Hiss to Satoko and Sule. I will get to see you all again soon enough, but it seems like too long. In the meantime I will hang out by myself as the only fellow in the Southern Hemisphere, far, far away from the rest of my cohort...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Meghan

    Glad you got away for a little fun over NY's. Bombay looks quite good, especially at night.....the slums remind me of the movie Slumdog millionaire!! I think that was filmed in Mumbai (bombay).

    We are having our typical cold Jan here. So getting bundled up and out every day seems to take more energy than I remember from the past. Good thing I have Gracie to walk or I probably wouldn't get out much at all.

    No news of importance. Just fresh eggs every 2 weeks from some nice hens in Mt. Horeb. It seems your Mom and George are planning to visit.....how wonderful. I would think about it as well, but somehow my China trip has created a block for me returning to that part of the world. My loss 'Im sure!

    Lots of love......keep sending these great blogs and photos Colleen

    ReplyDelete